Monday, April 5, 2010

4/5







Here are some shots of the hen Scoter in process... just have to figure out if this is the way to go... does the hen need to be lighter or darker... I have to quit thinking what these birds are for and just paint what I see... the stigma of the World Carving Competition can be nerve racking at times... I bet other carver from around the country are in the same boat that I'm in... coming down to the wire are always second guessing ...There will come a time that I think that the hen looks good and just be done...
Also a photo of the finished Redhead hen from the class that I taught.. the Redhead hen is now stained and waxed...

2 comments:

  1. Yo, brother boy..Looks good! I like the feathers you are putting on. Word for thought...Think of where these are going to be viewed..the sun is always more intense on the water. even when it's cloudy,it's bright. I would recommend thinking about a "little" more of a black edge on the (at least) sides and back feathers. Just thinking that the brown will over ride the dark, and make it view as too light. My opion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10-4 Rich... take a look at the new photos...

    ReplyDelete